Ruth Watts BSc (Hons), PGCE, MPhil
Ruth has long standing experience of teaching and leadership in the school sector. As a member of the senior leadership team, Head of Science, and previously Head of Year, Ruth collected and analysed performance related information, adapted and developed effective improvements, convincing and managing their implementation with staff, parents and students.
Ruth has research experience from her MPhil in Cambridge into gender differences in science learning and at UCL for her BSc into the biochemistry of cancers. As School Governor and Chair of Curriculum and Standards Committee, she interpreted levels of achievement correlating these with the potential of the students. Ruth planned improvement of the organisation and curriculum delivery, engaging staff in focussed professional development.
Ruth has been providing specialist research support to CooperGibson Research, supporting liaison with schools, colleges, teacher training providers and wider stakeholders in the sector, conducting interviews, focus groups and case study visits and analysing qualitative data.
- Teaching and learning
- School leadership and development
- School improvement, academisation, growth and improvement funds
- Teacher workload, recruitment and retention
- Targeting students and enabling effective learning through analysis of data
- Improving standards through effective pastoral care
- Gender differences in science education